Eek, I’m so excited about this free download! I wanted a way to capture really fun pictures come Halloween night. I figured if celebrities qualify for step-and-repeat photo ops, shouldn’t kids in costumes get the same royal treatment? And so, I created a Halloween pattern for just that. It’s of course a great addition to your decor if you’re hosting a costume party, but I think it could be really fun for trick-or-treat night. I picture this hanging on a garage door or fence in the front yard so that random trick-or-treaters can have their “celebrity” photo op moment as they come to knock on your door for candy. Wouldn’t that be so fun?
Meet Hulk Smash! It was really hard to hold in my laughter when this little guy stepped in front of the backdrop and started performing for the camera. And I must admit I was a little shocked because he usually doesn’t want to have his picture taken. However, as Hulk Smash he clearly gets into character. And yes, it’s Hulk Smash and not just Hulk. He was very adamant about his full name.
He was so happy to show off his costume and I loved that instead of having random distractions in the background (toys, furniture, other people) we had a professional looking backdrop. And the backdrop is just bond paper that I had printed at FedEx Office on their oversized printer that’s usually intended for large blueprints. It could not be easier.
Our little Hulk Smash wasn’t quite as happy when his brothers joined in on the fun, but I wanted the backdrop to work for groups.
The older kids got into their poses too! And they really liked the idea of using the backdrop for Halloween night so that they could get pictures with all their friends. I loved that they got the purpose of why I created the backdrop without me even telling them.
Here’s the full view. You can be more elaborate and add balloons, streamers, garland, etc.; however, I really wanted this to be doable for people. Let’s just be honest, not everyone has the time or skills to make things so “Pinterest perfect.” For this, you just need the time to download the file and print it at a printer like FedEx Office or Staples. Then come Halloween night, tape it up. Even if you’ve never gone to print something at FedEx or Staples, I promise this is extremely easy and affordable too. You can do this for under $20.
- Download the FREE Halloween Photo Backdrop PDF file. The file is a two-page, 8″ x 11″ PDF file. You can either print just one page or both. It’s up to you on how big you want your backdrop. I printed both pages and then pieced them together when I hung them up. Making my backdrop 72″ x 48″.
- Take your file to a printer like FedEx Office or Staples and tell them that you want to print the file at 36″ x 48″ in black and white at it’s highest quality setting. Black and white is a lot cheaper than color. One 36″ x 48″ black-and-white print costs $9 at FedEx Office. Please note, if your printout has any streaks (printer lines) on it, the print setting was done wrong and ask them to reprint it with the highest quality setting. No lines should occur.
- If printing both pages, be sure to use the slide cutter at FedEx Office to trim the excess white on the right-hand margin of page 1 of the PDF. This will allow you to tape your pieces flush in the middle.
- Hang your backdrop with tape. If hanging both pieces, be sure to match the center seem like you would a wallpaper pattern.
- Enjoy taking some really fun and festive pictures!
Please note: I’m sharing this file in good faith that you won’t steal my original artwork and pose as if it’s your own. This is for personal use only and should not be shared on any other platforms or sold. If sharing pictures where you used this download, all credit should be given to Tonality Designs and lead back to my blog. All downloads for the artwork should only happen on my blog. The artwork should also stay in tact and no parts should be extracted for other uses. Please contact me if you have any questions. I’m happy to collaborate and create custom artwork for people.
I just have to share a few more of Hulk Smash. He’s just too cute. And I think they show you how much fun you can have with this backdrop. I can only imagine what a princess would do when given center stage.
I really look forward to taking lots of pictures come Halloween night! I’m sure I’ll have to update this post with all the fun we capture. And I hope you have fun with this too! As always, I would love to see what you create with this. Please share on Instagram and tag me (@tonalitydesigns). I love to share pictures of what my followers are creating.